Friday, May 7, 2010

Guitar Maniac

Yupz.... the title defines it all !!! I am a guitar maniac, more so of late..... I used to love the violin more but now music is in complete without a guitar for me.... Even when I hear songs and find it to be a nice one, I first download the chords for the song before I actually download the song.... To be true, I am still quite a novice with the instrument...... Well there is a small and nice story of how I got involved with the guitar..... I wanna share that...

In case you have read my earlier blog about cricket you will get this story well.... After I was forced to quit "partly-professional" cricket, i was left quite bored sitting in home and doing virtually nothing.... This was the time when music played a major role in my lyf.... I used to listen to songs all day and suddenly an idea struck me.... "Why only listen to music and not try to play music??? "

This thought revolutionized my world once again.... I pleaded to my dad to allow me to play guitar.... as usual he didn't object..... I found a Sir and went with him to buy a guitar.... the first few days went well with him but soon I found out that he was too much more inclined to teach me Rabindra sangeet than modern English and Hindi songs......After about a month with him I swapped to Raja Nag Sir (Raja da).... the best guitarist I have ever met.... I am still a student of this mesmerizing guitarist !!!! Raja da created a great interest in me for guitar.... it has plagued my life ever since..... When i look back half a dozen months I never knew or even could believe tht I would ever take to the six string !!!!

It's not only a test of time for me with the guitar anymore, it's just another small detail without which life is incomplete for me..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment